Originally from South Florida, Nayib Hassan received his Bachelors Degree in Economics from Florida International University. Immediately thereafter, Mr. Hassan attended University of Florida, where he graduated and received his Juris Doctorate degree in May of 2005. During his tenure at the University of Florida, Mr. Hassan worked under one of South Florida’s former top criminal defense lawyers receiving the necessary knowledge, experience, and skill, which have proven beneficial in criminal defense cases. Upon graduating from law school and passing the Florida Bar,
Mr. Hassan accepted a position as an Assistant State Attorney at the State Attorney’s Office in Broward County in order to develop crucial trial experience and extensive knowledge of the Criminal Justice System. As a prosecutor, Mr. Hassan handled thousands of cases ranging from misdemeanors to felonies and tried hundreds of cases to verdict. After leaving the State Attorney’s office, Mr. Hassan opened up his law practice.
Mr. Hassan spends the necessary amount of time in each case to ensure that his client’s constitutional rights are protected. He evaluates each and every case and is able to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses based upon the particular fact pattern. No case is ever identical. The particular facts of a new case will be different from every prior scenario and we pride ourselves in taking the time to develop and research every issue to ensure the correct result for our client. It should be noted that some of Mr. Hassan’s case have been discussed in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, CNN, Miami Herald, and other media outlets. Due to the fact that Mr. Hassan has worked with various media outlets, we take our clients privacy with the utmost care.
It is the dedication and the personal one-on-one communication that gives the firm the reputation. Not only is Mr. Hassan dedicated to his practice but he is actively involved in various associations that are geared towards his criminal defense and litigation practice.
The following is a non-exclusive list of the associations Mr. Hassan is actively involved with:
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers- Member – 2010-present
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers- FACDL- Member of state chapter 2008 to present- Board member of Miami Division elected by his own peers
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee- Appointed by the Florida Bar and is responsible for continuing the investigation of possible lawyer misconduct referred by Bar discipline attorneys (Term from 2018 until 2021)
- Miami Lakes Veterans Committee- Chair- Dedicated to help and support the needs of the Veterans in the town
- Public Safety Committee- works with local residents, businesses and the Police Department to organize and develop local crime watch programs and provide opportunities for public safety awareness and education
Mr. Hassan is licensed to practice in the following jurisdictions:
- State of Florida
- Southern District of Florida, Federal Court
- Middle District of Florida, Federal Court
- United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Judicial Circuit
Mr. Hassan has practiced in the following states or assisted clients in handling matters:
- Southern District of New York, Manhattan
- Northern District of Indiana, Indianapolis
- Northern District of Ohio (Toledo)
- Northern District of Texas (Dallas)
- Eastern District of Kentucky (Frankfort/London)
- United States District Court of South Carolina
- Central District of California (Los Angeles)
- International matters from Colombia, Mexico, Bahamas, Ecuador, and Cuba